As you well know we stock gemstones and gemstone jewellery, however some of our products are a little more obscure and worthwhile getting to know better. Among such interesting objects are pendulums. The pendulum itself is simply a small object attached to the end of a string and can be made out of wood, crystal, gemstone, glass or metal. It is a tool that is used to connect to your higher self and ‘source’ by asking questions to help guide, clarify and raise your awareness.
Gain more clarity
It’s not something you should use to help make every single decision of your life but it can be useful in certain situations and in various scenarios where you just want to gain a little more clarity, connection and a better understanding of something; questions about life, love, health, career or money – whether simple or complex.
Choosing the right pendulum is like choosing the right crystal – there is no right or wrong. Trust your intuition and allow yourself to be shown which pendulum is right for you. When you pick up a pendulum, how does it feel? Focus on the feeling and you will know which one is meant to be yours.
How to use a pendulum
1. Cleanse: As with crystals, pendulums need cleansing too. Cleanse the pendulum with sage, outside under a full moon, soaking it in sea salt if the material or crystal is water and salt friendly or simply by holding it under cold tap water.
2. Prep your questions: When looking for clarity or guidance around a situation, have more than one question prepared about the topic to help you gain as much insight as possible and as much guidance.
3. Learn how the pendulum moves: It’s key to learn what is ‘yes’ and what is ‘no’. Take a moment to find a comfortable seat and quiet your mind. Take a few deep cleansing breaths to open up and clear your mind, body and spirit. Holding the pendulum in your dominant hand with the chain or top link between your thumb and index finger, ask ‘show me yes’ and ‘show me no,’ or ‘what does yes look like’ and ‘what does no look like.’ The pendulum will either swing vertically, horizontally, or in circular motions. Take note as to what each answer looks like.
4. Start with what you know: To get the pendulum going, ask questions you already know the answer to. This can help you connect with the pendulum and get to know its directional swings and how it will communicate with you.
5. Remain open: Using a pendulum is all about being at ease. The more open you are to receive, the easier you and the pendulum can communicate.
And remember, like any practice, you can enjoy the experience and trust in your ability to connect because you already have your own answers. It’s just a tool that will help you get closer to your own intuition. You have your own inner truth, after all.